Friday, April 3, 2015

2015 Spring Ice Show: Momma's Little Gangsta

Once upon a time, I had a little tot in pink snowpants (and also one in a blue stocking cap who keeps falling on her booty):


 Five years later, I have a big kid in a blue tie-dyed T-shirt (which I have just remembered that I still need to return to the friend from whom I borrowed it--sorry, Tris!!!), skating to "Gangsta Blues" from Slumdog Millionaire:

An aside--I originally misread the title of the song in the parents' email, and from then on I could not get out of my head how much MORE awesome it would be if the kids were actually skating to "Gangsta's Paradise," as I'd originally thought.

Although Will is happy to rest on her laurels at this season's end--

I am told that next season she would like to both sign up for the figure skating club and perhaps try hockey. If this is the case, I'll be one of those parents with the permanent seat in the lobby, schoolwork spread everywhere, a full dinner on the cafe table.

No comments: