Sunday, February 13, 2011

Play Dough Portraits

a recent sunny day, I brought out all of the different kinds of play dough that I've been cooking up recently, and Sydney and I had ourselves a private little play dough party, culminating in an etsy play dough photo shoot, complete with light tent and sunny window. It was a Play Dough Portrait Party!

We shot green pine-scented play dough:
 
 Pink peppermint-scented play dough:
 
 
 
 And naturally white, unscented play dough:
 
 
My favorite part of making a big batch of homemade play dough is dumping the essential oil and coloring on top of the finished play dough into my Kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook inserted. I turn the mixer on high and let it knead the dough smooth, blend the color, and infuse the essential oil, which wafts throughout the entire house while it's working. A few days ago a friend came over and commented, "Your house smells so good!"

Yeah, it's from the play dough I made a week ago. Fringe benefits, you know.

No comments: